[ExI] Uploads

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:21:31 UTC 2020

What you are describing is more or less Heaven on Earth, but without golf.
I have serious doubts that this will happen the way you say, but who cares
about my opinion?  As a libertarian I'd let just about anything happen.
Who besides some religious people would have any objections?  What will the
avatars be like?  Human body, computer brains linked to yours?  Immobility
would be a problem for me.  I'd want an avatar able to go anywhere as if I
were there.

Will uploads vote?  Will anyone accumulate wealth enabling living for
centuries?

I'd like to read a scifi book that has all this stuff in it.  There is very
often no progress in those books, no visions for the future.

Very long before what you describe happens, the human race with evolve
itself genetically, and quickly.  Yes, why wait for regular evolution?.  It
has already started on a very small scale.  That is what interests me more
than the uploading, though of course I am interested in that too.

It's a great thing and a curse to have all my interests.   bill w

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 12:34 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <