[ExI] Uploads

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 01:17:05 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:24 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> I'd like to read a scifi book that has all this stuff in it.  There is
> very often no progress in those books, no visions for the future.

### Consider reading Robin Hanson's "The Age of Em". This is not s-f but
rather hard-headed economic analysis of a possible upload world. I disagree
with some of his points but overall it's quite insightful, as you may
expect.

I don't think human genetic engineering will have an impact on our future.
AI singularity will happen long before that, some uploading will happen
after that, and genetic engineering of biological humans will be a niche
activity, if any.

Rafał