[ExI] Uploads

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 01:27:43 UTC 2020

I don't think human genetic engineering will have an impact on our future.
AI singularity will happen long before that, some uploading will happen
after that, and genetic engineering of biological humans will be a niche
activity, if any.

Rafał

Unless everyone is uploaded and no babies are born, then genetic
engineering will perforce stop.  Otherwise we will have babies and try to
improve their genetics.  Why not?

I wonder how it would work out if babies were uploaded shortly after being
born?  Then you have a great deal of control over their environments.  No
diseases, no toilet training, no accidental or intentional deaths, and so
on.  Has anyone seen this idea before?

Genetic engineering has already started.  Screening for sickle cell anemia
for example.  I predict that there will be a lot of it and very soon.
People will not be able to keep their hands off of Crispr.

bill w