[ExI] antiscience from both sides

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:11:44 UTC 2020

Like I’ve said before, if EVERY country is in debt (and they all do seem to be), then who owns all that debt?

What effect would debt simplification have on the overall picture?

http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/107220-what-does-the-simplify-debts-setting-do

In the example above, overall debt was reduced 50%.

> holding the bag - spike

Technically, no one ever has to hold the bag because you can:

(2) New country/government
(3) Inflation (“Money printer goes brrrrr”)

> Americans will move elsewhere - bill w

How?

Degrees?

Only about 35% of Americans have bachelor’s degrees. For most countries thats the absolute minimum to come as general skilled labor.

This allows you, at the least, to become an English teacher in many parts of the world.

Religion? (Right of Return)

There is perhaps a population of as many as 5 million Jews in the US, but the majority likely do not qualify.

I am ethnically Jewish but the last practicing member in my family was my Great-grandfather so I missed it by a generation. It must be your father or grandfather.

You must also be sufficiently orthodox. Members of reform and restorationist belief do not qualify. You could theoretically convert.

Military?

By fighting in foreign military, it is possible to get citizenship. 2 years in the IDF (though you might have to convert), 3 in the FFL, 3 years Russian army. If you are in US military, NZ (I think).

Ancestry?

Many countries will consider ancestry based requests based on parents and grandparents, but only a few further than that.

Other skills?

IT, with enough experience, a degree might not be required.

So all-in-all, many Americans don’t really have anywhere else to move. Myself for example, and the US in general.

Degree: no. I’d need 4 years and student loans. 65% of Americans don't have them. So now 35% can leave.

Religion: no. Unless absolutely necessary, and if already married, would I even consider converting. And that would still require 2-3 years. Likely less than 1% of Americans would qualify. A good number of whom have college degrees, the average US Jew has 14.7 years of education, with about 75% having college degrees. Now we’re at 35.5%!

Military: My fiancé and I are not “draftable” in the US anymore but it should be possible to still join the military until at least 30. The issue? Like most Americans, I am too fat!

Approx number of US men and women between 19 and 35: 66 million. The percent that are obese (too fat for the military)? 40% So that leaves us with about 40 million souls. About 35% of those were already counted as college graduates. Now we have about 26 million. Thats about 8%. Now about 43% can leave!

Ancestry: My maternal grandfather, his grandparents were German. Nope! My Maternal grandmother, her parents were Russian/Belarusian and Irish-American. Nope. My Paternal Grandfather is Boston white-bread, and his wife was Peruvian. But it has to be your parent. Oops. I can’t use that.

Percent of Americans with at least one foreign parent? Well, there are some 20 million of them (6%). They have an average college graduation rate. So now about 4%. The other variables I cant account for.

Less than 50% of Americans can leave. Through sustained religious conversion or massive debt, the other half could maybe leave in about 3-4 years. But Israel won’t accept 150 million new citizens. No one needs that many English teachers, and not that many Americans speak foreign languages.