[ExI] that's not true!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 12 14:49:18 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Ben
Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 12:34 AM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Cc: Ben Zaiboc <ben at zaiboc.net>
Subject: Re: [ExI] that's not true!

On 11/05/2020 23:20, Spike wrote:

Those of you who were at the Extro4 BioTech Futures conference at Berkeley
in 1999 perhaps remember a talk about DNA editing at the cell level.

At a particularly dramatic moment as the keynote speaker was giving a
lecture on the topic, our own Robert Bradbury stood and shouted "THAT'S NOT
TRUE!"

Those two argued as the audience listened, with Robert arguing that in-vitro
gene editing will someday be possible

"in-vivo", not "in-vitro".

In-vitro means 'in glass' (i.e. petri dishes, etc.)

--
Ben Zaiboc

Ja thanks Ben.  Robert's notion is that we would figure out a way to do
CRISPR (didn't have that name yet) in the body using some sort of nanotech
or a virus or some other means he was always dreaming up.  Had he lived, he
would be doing back flips.