[ExI] Hitler and Trump was Even India and Haiti do it better

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:51:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 6:44 AM Dylan Distasi wrote:

> I think you know that is not what I am saying, but comparing Trump to
> Hitler is hyperbole and unhelpful in fostering a meaningful discussion.

I disagree, though the particular people (Hitler and Trump) are less
important than the social and economic conditions that caused their
rise to influence.

Stressed people spread xenophobic memes and promote irrational
leaders.  Why?  Because in the stone age genes were selected for this
behavior when people were facing bleak times.

I can think of no discussions more meaningful than understanding what
motivates people, especially stressed people facing a bleak future.

Keith