[ExI] Even India and Haiti do it better

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 13 00:52:12 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] Even India and Haiti do it better

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 11:42:18 AM PDT, Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:32 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> [...]neither mainstream candidate even talked about the deficit.  Too bad for the mainstream candidates.

>> EXACTLY!  It's the candidates' election to lose, NOT the voters'! ...

>...I agree. I invite John or anybody else to tell me why I should vote for Biden without mentioning Trump...Stuart LaForge

Since both mainstream party candidates are unpopular, this is the year for third parties to shine.  Ross Perot is no longer with us (RIP Ross, you were our last best hope) so I propose we draft Sal Khan.  Drag him kicking and screaming out of Mountain View.  He gets elected by a landslide, appoints Elon Musk as Secretary of Education, they switch jobs while keeping their titles.

We need some thinking outside the box.