[ExI] White House does not rule out the possibility of delaying the election

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 13 17:42:57 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:34 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] White House does not rule out the possibility of delaying the election

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:57 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

I will note the risk of a disputed election is increased by the kinds of things California is doing, and the consequences are higher.  Remind us please why gun shops should be closed as non-essential businesses?

How do gun shops being open or not result in a disputed election?

They might affect the results of a disputed election, but I don't see how they put an election into dispute,  People shouldn't be bringing guns to polling places - and the increased push for voting by mail would make that less of an issue anyway.

Hi Adrian, no worries, clarification: owning guns gives people a sense of security, which reduces the risk to society.  Having a stockpile of food (and TP) gives people a sense of security.  A disputed election is something that creates a sense of insecurity, so we benefit from these other factors.  So… even if you are pacifist, stockpile some food (and TP.)  That was easy.