[ExI] Summer weather and COVID-19

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:41:36 UTC 2020

If you can tell me /one/ quantitative detail an epidemiologist "of high
esteem" has actually gotten /right/ over the past couple of months, I'll
begin to care what they have to say. Right now they've cried wolf about a
thousand times, so, I don't really care what they have to say.

It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists to not wear masks.
It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists to close beaches and parks
and playgrounds, where no meaningful transmission occurs.
It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists that local hospitals
shouldn't test.
It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists that tens of thousands of
ventilators were desperately needed.
It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists to move COVID patients out of
hospitals into nursing homes in New York.
It was the advice of esteemed epidemiologists to "not panic" and keep
crowded mass transit systems running.

Do PLEASE tell us exactly what these people have actually gotten /right/ so
far.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:26 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <