[ExI] Summer weather and COVID-19

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat May 23 13:37:18 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:59 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> >…From history we have learned that dictators don't have the legal
>> authority to do a lot of stuff, but they do it anyway. That's the
>> difference between a law of nature and the law of the land…
>

> > *That’s why we don’t have one here.  *Aren’t you glad we have a
> constitution?  We are too.

And that's why in the entire history of the world no country with a
constitution has ever slipped into dictatorship...oh waite ...

> > *I don’t see that it matters which party is in charge of tightening the
> belt: either way it has to happen.*

Yeah yeah because otherwise deficit spending will destroy the economy, the
same song and dance I've been hearing all my life and all my father's life
too, and it's starting to get a little old.

> > *Authority is intentionally limited in the US. *

It's very odd, the way you keep repeating that over and over like a mantra
it's almost as if you think it's important.

> * > Regardless of government orders, businesses and shops will open
> anyway, and are already opening, such as Musk’s local car factory. *

Speaking of Elon Musk, he predicted on March 19 that there would be “*close
to zero new cases*” in the U.S. “*by end of April*". Yesterday was May 22
and there were 24,197 new cases in the U.S. bringing the total of sick
people to 1,647,043 with 97,687 dead. Worldwide there have been 5,336,352
cases and 340,613 dead.

John K Clark