[ExI] Summer weather and COVID-19

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:49:06 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 24, 2020, 11:42 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <
>

>> *> the print more money argument.  If they do that, then those who lent
>> real money are paid back in play money, diluted currency.  They will not do
>> that again.  This is a strategy that can be used only once.*
>>

> Only once?! That strategy has been used almost continuously since 1835
> and people are still eager to loan money to the federal government even at
> the super low interest rates we see today.

That's not true.  Prior to 1913, noone was printing as much money as they
wanted; they were constrained.

The creation of the Fed in 1913 was the beginning of the end for the buying
power of a dollar.  Nixon finished us off.   We will never see a dollar
worth what it was in 1913 again.

1913: $100
1923: $57.89
1933: $76.15