[ExI] Is a copy of you really you?

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:33:52 UTC 2020

To continue because I forgot to finish:

If the mother-copy is destroyed and two daughter-copies are created (such as in the amoeba), then neither are the original. That are twins, daughter-a and daughter-b. Twin rules still apply.

I think, as in traditional cloning, they should be seen as decedents, even though they are genetically identical. However, since they are not children (they are adults), they should get an inheritance. Mother-copy is dead and so property and goods must be split between daughter-copies and any “natural” (non-amoeba) children.

Neither daughter-copy is married, because mother copy was married, and daughter-copies share a twin relationship with mother-copy. Your twin doesn’t get to marry your wife when you die— your wife decides if she will marry them.

Since you are a daughter-copy you also legally don’t have any children anymore, they are mother-copies children. Though I imagine the children might feel differently.

You’re unemployed. It was your mother-copy who had the job.

And so on.

SR Ballard