[ExI] Heinlein critique

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:10:33 UTC 2020

Read FilmFlam - details how movie directors change books and other
sources.  Mostly what they do is re-write it.  Harry Potter films - few
wanted to direct those because the author wanted the films to be just like
the books, and to the director, that meant that they could not add any
creativity of their own.  It is rare the movie follows the book faithfully,
for that reason.

Lord of the Rings - same thing.  Horrible distortion of the books - for
one, Frodo is depicted as a teen, whereas in the book his is in his 50s.
Bilbo is depicted as a wimp.  Much, much more of that.  I hated those
movies (great sets, though).

bill w

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:58 PM Darin Sunley via extropy-chat <