[ExI] Heinlein critique

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri May 29 19:24:10 UTC 2020

I carefully avoid films made from books - *especially* books I like.
Kipling stories, Tolkein, Heinlein, Sherlock Holmes stories... I've got
perfectly good "movies" of those running in my head when I read.

When raising my kids I tried to read them the stories before they saw the
movies.  I wanted them to have their own movies.

As for Heinlein, his characters doesn't fit the approved image for men
now.   Nor for women - capable *and* love men.  I fear we've lost our way
and I worry for my grandsons.  But I'm old... not quite as old as Keith,
but very very close! :D

Regards,
MB