[ExI] How do you make new discoveries about what's available on the internet?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:58:50 UTC 2020

I am not an IT professional, but like many people, I have been on the
internet a long time for a combination of pleasure and work. In my case,
around twenty-five years. But I tend to be somewhat of a stick in the mud,
in terms of doing the same things, and visiting the same forums and
websites.

I recently "discovered" Eventbrite and Zoom. I had used Eventbrite a little
bit in the past, but it had never clicked for me. But now with the pandemic
in place, I was amazed by all the seemingly impressive virtual Halloween
parties and events going on, via Zoom and other similar platforms. I was
frustrated because my computer cam had just died, and so I missed out on
these events that I learned about at the last minute. With a category five
hurricane bearing down on me, here in the Philippines, going to the store
was not much of an option. But I have now signed up for various activities
on Eventbrite, from everything from book reviews, to lessons about time
management and self-discipline. I also want to experience a virtual escape
room or haunted house with my new family, to see just how fun they are.

I realize we are all very different people, but what websites do you love
and recommend to others? And most importantly, how do you stay aware of the
latest cool websites and things going on within the internet, for not just
work, but entertainment?

And to this day, I regret finding out about Bitcoin early during the spring
of 2010, but being clueless about it's future worth, and doing nothing. But
then that may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. I guess none of
us want to be left behind...

It seems like I regularly come across new websites, especially regarding
pop culture, that are fairly well established but still new to me. But like
Spike, my favorite haunt is probably Youtube. I remember him once raving
about how much he enjoyed it.

Thank you,

John  :  )