[ExI] Beyond Meat

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:54:17 UTC 2020

I think we've discussed being uploaded to non-bio computing substrate for
the sake of surviving extra planetary space (yeah?)

Have we imagined the various dystopian scenarios where we will need to
abandon biology to survive hostile conditions on earth, such as extreme
ecological collapse?

I keep catching glimpses of a simulation (imagine a 2d shadow of a 3d
object, several rotations in several dimensions would index the set of all
shadows that object could cast, or how mandelbrot set indexes julia sets...
I'm not using any rigorous proof, just reaching for ideas like enumerating
(which is a feature of whole numbers or integers) a continuous manifold
(real numbers, and weirder stuff like quaternions and octonions.  Maybe
there is a relationship to fractals there.  I have moments where i see this
"shape" ... but i don't have words to describe it.  How do we name these
states so we work on them?

Anyway, the thing i was actually trying to solicit thoughts about is
whether transhuman futures will be driven by those trying to leave earth or
by those trying to stay.

All that math stuff was left as a stream of thought share, if anyone has
meta thoughts to meta share in meta kind. :)