[ExI] How do you make new discoveries about what's available on the internet?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:34:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 6:50 PM John Grigg via extropy-chat <

> A cool idea for tracking down/fishing for what is out there... Thank you...

You're welcome. :)  It's something I've had much reason to think about over
the years.

It amazes me what resources exist online, just waiting to be found when
> needed/wanted...

One may make a career out of it.  For a time I did, calling it "tech
scavenging" to evoke an image of an intellectual property version of Mad
Max.  That's where the slogan on the back of Winged Cat Solutions' business
cards comes from.  ("Wonders are created every day.  Let us help you find
them.")

And it continues even now.  I find myself looking for organizations
(preferably US ones) with CubeSat-compatible sensors that NOAA may be
interested in funding development of.  A very specific need, and yet I am
finding results.  (If anyone here works for such a company and would like
to help make your employer a few million dollars - which would hopefully
mean a bonus for you, or at least job security for the next couple years -
please contact me offlist.)