[ExI] what did we learn?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 3 16:29:42 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Ben
Zaiboc via extropy-chat
.

>>.I guess my point was more in line with scapegoating the internet as an
obvious solution once it's identified as THE cause of our current woes.

>.Maybe I was too clickbait-y, and sidetracked myself. What I was supposed
to be suggesting was: What if it's our use of the internet (not the internet
itself) that's the biggest problem? Analogy with fire. Or knives. Or just
about any technology, really.

.

--
>.Ben Zaiboc

I have changed the way I use the internet in just the past year.  We
understand how good news agencies have become at tuning their message to
their audience.  Everything became politics, celebrities and news of the
weird.  But that isn't really what our world is about.  Those things are an
aspect of it perhaps, but not really what is happening.  If we over-focus on
politics, celebrities and news of the weird, we get a distorted view of the
world.