[ExI] put up with me

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:07:23 UTC 2020

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 16:20, spike jones via extropy-chat

> BillK, I have long been puzzled why this phenomenon works so much on some people and others little or none at all.  I have at least one neighbor who appears to be on the brink of insanity over politics, or is acting as if she is.  But I have scarcely been affected at all.  I don't understand the difference between the two.
>
> spike

It depends on how strongly you self-identify with a political party,
sports team, celebrity, etc.
A famous UK football (soccer) manager once said:
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death.
I assure you, it's much more serious than that".
Bill Shankly
This has since been re-quoted and applied to many different sports and
events.   :)

BillK