[ExI] plastic turkeys

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:39:29 UTC 2020

I had a symbolic encounter this morning with a plastic turkey.  A
commercial on TV for a hardware store showed an open BBQ grill with a
turkey, surely plastic.

Now somebody had to make that and perhaps a lot more of them.  If you asked
an employee of that factory about his job, he might say that it paid pretty
well, kept his family fed and housed, and he was glad to have it.

Who do you thank if you are an atheist?  All of us here have substantially
above average intelligence. to which we credit our abilities in STEM (I'll
go ahead and include psychology in that as iffy as that may be.), and
perhaps other fields.

We could thank our parents who gave us the genes, but they were not likely
to be thinking of our IQ scores at the time.

We could call it luck, but since that is simply a statistical rarity, it's
kind of redundant.

So we are kind of stuck without anyone or anything to thank that we are not
making plastic turkeys, not that there is anything whatsoever wrong with
that. Just a thought.

bill w