[ExI] Eventbrite/Zoom addiction!

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:46:10 UTC 2020

I checked it out and East of Eden is next on my list.  I don't know how to
characterize Tortilla Flat, nor Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday.  Romantic,
certainly.  I think all of these are about love.  Doc standing in front of
the boiler holding flowers.  One of the boys breaking his arm and then
crying so Doc had to take the girl south for the sea creatures collections.

All the boys are rogues of a sort - picaroons at a certain low level -
thieves.  But you really can't find any sin in them.  You have to love them
even though the last thing in your mind is to be like any of them in
lifestyle (except Doc.), but they have moral lessons to teach us about love
and friendship.

bill w

 -   On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:04 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <