[ExI] Eventbrite/Zoom addiction!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Nov 21 19:02:56 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] Eventbrite/Zoom addiction!

>…Spike, you just have a sunny disposition - you can't help it.  But you can change:  here's some ways:  …

I will sorrowfully provide more examples if you find that these just don't work for you.  bill w

Hi billw,

Irony: my favorite movies and literature are dark.  You already know an example of one.  Most of the books I recommend are ones people generally hate.

The Steinbeck museum is near here, so I got talking to the guy who does the lectures, he realized I had read them all, so he asked which was my favorite.  I reported really liking Grapes of Wrath, but my favorite of all was East of Eden.  He was so surprised, he just doesn’t understand why otherwise sane people would like the dark stuff.  Oh well.  I also liked the comedies (Cannery Row trilogy (but then he pointed out those aren’t really comedies.))  I didn’t really find either Grapes or Eden novels dark, even though a lotta bad things happened to good people.  Life is that way.  Life isn’t fair.  But life is good.  Good is better than fair.