[ExI] Giving up autonomy for cryogenic suspension

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 22 17:56:06 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] Giving up autonomy for cryogenic suspension

>…One of my personal nightmare scenarios is being frozen, having my body stolen in the hundreds-of-years interim, and waking up imprisoned as some kind of fucked up slave, possibly a sex slave…

I have had dreams like this, but I wouldn’t say they were nightmares.  I see what you mean however: it would depend on who owned your ass.

>…  Who's to say Alcor doesn't go bankrupt, or suffer a burglary…any security can be broken… Will

Ja, of course that is a risk with Alcor or any future cryonics company.  The problem I see is that the company depends on people signing up to cover their current expenses.  If the whole notion goes out of style and proles stop signing up, global warming is coming to the Alcor facility.