[ExI] flu shot

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:14:05 UTC 2020

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 18:08, spike jones via extropy-chat

> I am hearing that the vaccines developed by Moderna and Pfizer work on a different principle from the traditional flu vaccines.  Something occurred to me: we can see that places where a large percentage of the population get flu shots every year are hit hard by covid.  Could it be that over time, getting that flu shot is diminishing the abilities of our immune system to react to covid correctly?
>
> spike

I think the answer to that question is No.  The flu jab is different
every winter because the flu virus keeps mutating and they try to
match the vaccine to the new flu variation. In fact health authorities
are trying to flu vaccinate more people this year to avoid filling up
hospitals with flu patients as well as Covid patients.

BillK