[ExI] flu shot

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 22 21:27:21 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat

> spike

>... I think the answer to that question is No.  The flu jab is different
every winter because the flu virus keeps mutating and they try to match the
vaccine to the new flu variation. In fact health authorities are trying to
flu vaccinate more people this year to avoid filling up hospitals with flu
patients as well as Covid patients... BillK

Hi BillK I haven't followed it that closely, but as I understand it, the new
covid vaccines work on a completely different principle than the flu
vaccines.  They don't really have that option with covid for that virus
kills patients as a result of the immune system overreacting.  This new
therapy by Moderna Pfizer somehow gets the immune system creating antibodies
without triggering the over-reaction.