[ExI] flu shot

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:49:40 UTC 2020

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 21:29, spike jones via extropy-chat
> Hi BillK I haven't followed it that closely, but as I understand it, the new
> covid vaccines work on a completely different principle than the flu
> vaccines.  They don't really have that option with covid for that virus
> kills patients as a result of the immune system overreacting.  This new
> therapy by Moderna Pfizer somehow gets the immune system creating antibodies
> without triggering the over-reaction.
>
> spike

See:  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_vaccine>

Quote:
Up until November 2020, no mRNA vaccine, drug, or technology platform,
had ever been approved for use in humans, and before 2020, mRNA was
only considered a theoretical or experimental candidate for human use.

The advantage is that they can be developed quicker than all the
traditional method vaccines.
They don't know what the longer term risks might be.
So maybe the new mRNA vaccines might be considered a bit risky?????

BillK