[ExI] Thanksgiving

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:15:18 UTC 2020

do share please with this tech-oriented group what developments rocked your
world and which ones you anticipate soon.  spike

I was always the student in the class who asked the most questions.  I have
been inhaling books and knowledge (and wish more of it had stuck) since
first grade.  So an easy answer for me:  access to knowledge far outweighs
smartphones, smartTVs, or smart anything else.  The web.  For the future:
much better voice to text or action, so disabled or simply nontech people
can use more of the technology than they can do now.  With no knowledge
whatsoever, we will be able to control phones, TV, computer, house computer
system (not only for rich people in the new future, I hope), our car,
washing machine and a lot more.  This is a fantastic age and an even better
one to come for the mentally retarded, disabled, elderly and so on.

And so much of it is cheap - available to almost everyone - almost (we
should subsidize the very poor:  computers for all - becoming an essential
for all of us.)    bill w

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 12:05 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <