[ExI] This Company Wants to Put a Human-Size Hologram Booth in Your Living Room

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 20:11:22 UTC 2020

Adrian wrote -  people have been able to communicate just fine over voice
alone without those cues for over a century, without - in almost all cases
- missing anything significant.

In Duping, nonfiction book, I learned that detecting lying by any means is
very difficult and the average person can beat chance by only a few
percent.  So adding vision to sound doesn't improve lie detection much at
all.
The hologram gadget eventually may be used for verification identity,
though I suppose that can be subverted too. Imagine that someone has
recorded Joe's voice very extensively.  Then a program is written so that
no matter how you speak into it, it comes out sounding like Joe.  In fact
if you put it through Oscilloscope analysis it has Joe's exact features -
indistinguishable. Could this be doable now?   bill w

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 12:55 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <