[ExI] glass fire

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Thu Oct 1 02:28:14 UTC 2020

Quoting Spike:

> Ja, the strategy is to protect just the structures but let the
> forest burn.  It would be all about the structures, and not even all
> of those: just the ones worth a few thousand bucks to eliminate the
> 50-year fire risk.  It could be there just aren?t that many
> structures worth a few k to protect.

A good model for fireproofing structures is the Getty Museum in Los
Angeles. They have priceless treasures stored there like King Louis
XIV's desk and what not. While wild fires were burning all around it,
it suffered no damage. Very impressive set up if you ask me.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/us/getty-museum-california-wildfires/

Stuart LaForge