[ExI] that's harsh

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:44:22 UTC 2020

The confusion over the truth behind the infection and death rate
statistics, is fuel for those who believe the pandemic is totally
overblown, and should be handled in the Swedish way, that results in a much
higher death toll.

Regarding the internet and learning, l tend to think that people usually
learn for the purpose of supporting preexisting views. As l have gotten
older, l am trying to see things from both the perspectives of the liberal
left and conservative right. And other worldviews as well.

Science research indicates our political views are strongly influenced by
our biology and type of social status. I went to a sf con and was invited
by Ron Ely, an actor who played Tarzan in a television series back in the
sixties & played Doc Savage in the film, to sit at his table for the
banquet. He was the guest of honor.

We got on the topic of politics and you could have heard the crickets
chirp, as someone said something negative about the Republicans. Ely was
not pleased to say the least. The study of how biology affects our politics
might have said how Ron Ely was a very capable alpha male, highly
intelligent, very tall, handsome, athletic and charismatic, and so through
his talent and hard work, he had a great deal of success, which left him a
bit clueless when others struggled and were not among life's winners. It
was an interesting evening.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020, 8:53 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <