[ExI] Memes: Chad Transhumanist versus the Virgin Anarcho-Primitivist

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:02:03 UTC 2020

The usual meaning of empire is where one group or person rules over a
diverse group of others, and the implication is the rule not
voluntary. One doesn't think of the Roman Empire as an array of
diverse peoples all happily going along with whatever the czar wanted.

And in the case of creating conscious beings who are loyal by design
seems hideous, no? Is that the future you envision? I'm talking about
conscious beings where I think the important point is they be free to
choose. If they're designed with loyalty baked in, then any hope of
freedom has been erased and your vision here seems dystopian -- the
kind of nightmare future that feeds into the primitivist mindset.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 7:49 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat