[ExI] Subject: coffee

Re Rose rocket at earthlight.com
Wed Oct 7 23:56:25 UTC 2020

I've been drinking decaf for {mumble, mumble} years, and I too roast my
own. For a baseline, I lean towards a full-city roast and I use a lot of
ground coffee per cup (2 scoops per cup) when I brew it.

I'm not too fancy - personally, I like Peets Major Dickenson and Sumatra
decafs, Sumatra being strong so beware. I also like Sweet Maria Ethiopian
green beans, which I do a full city roast on. Nespresso decaf is
quite good, I like the purple ones, and for Keurig, Green Mountain Dark
Magic is surprisingly good.

When I'm being super, super lazy I brew up and actually like Folgers and
Bustelo decaf.

Kicking Horse, Gevalia, Lavazza, Melitta, Maxwell House, Chock Full O'nuts,
Stumptown - I don't like any of those. They are, varyingly, bitter, have
off-notes, or just taste rough. I find that it's a rare diner or even
restaurant that will have a nice decaf. Oh well!

Of course, YMMV, and all the above is MHOO.

Good luck finding something you like!
--Regina

I roast my own beans but have been known to buy them already roasted.
What I am asking is: if you drink any decaf, what are your favorites, roasted
or unroasted.

For my health I am having to stop drinking all caf coffee, so I am going to mix
it with decaf once I find a good bean.  If you have any opinions of the manner
of decaffeinating the beans (such as Swiss water process), add that.

Thanks!
bill w