[ExI] puzzling

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:00:03 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:32 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
> When you think about it, there isn’t really any other good way to do it in
> the USA.  The federal government is not entitled to medical records
> because of 4th amendment rights.  States can see their counties vary
> widely in conditions.  Even counties have very different conditions within
> the county, but at some point a county health department must make a call.

I don't know the answer to this, but is statistical stuff about
disease and cause of death private? I mean let's say a hundred people
in your county come down with disease X and 10 of them died, would it
be a violation of current rules and laws for any level of government,
including the feds, to report that 100 people had X without naming
them and 10 people who had X died? My guess would be that that's okay
as long as none of this reveals the particular folks involved. But I
don't know and am no expert on privacy law. (I'm not even a ranked
amateur.:)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: