[ExI] sturgis - washington post

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 00:46:18 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:15 AM spike jones via extropy-chat
> From: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
> Subject: sturgis - washington post
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/
>
> >…in case you missed it      bill
>
> It may have protected people across the Midwest too.  The catch rate was
> about half the rate expected from randomly-choses yanks for that population.
> Apparently they caught at half the rate they would have caught had they
> stayed home.  Then, they may have spread the disease at twice the rate had
> they stayed home.

Where are the counterfactual projections for that coming from?

It seems like the article is saying there's been a jump in cases in
specific states that can be linked back to the rally. Do you disagree?

> I don’t know why the epidemiologists will not write about that.

Maybe because they disagree with the counterfactual scenario you hint
at above. And maybe their disagreement is reasonable.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst