[ExI] outing myself

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Oct 28 20:15:55 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan
TheBookMan via extropy-chat

>...Instead it's better to call it a 'put on' or teasing. At least that's
how I would classify what Bill W says he did. (I usually avoid doing this
online because it's too easily misinterpreted. And teasing can cross the
line for some people. I try not to be a bully online or in person. I'm not
saying Bill W did that, though some teasing often seems to aim at and
achieve just that. I've had a lot of caffeine today...:)

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan, eh, BillW has always come across as a kind and gentle soul, with
malice towards none, even those with whom he disagrees.

Reputations matter.  How one carries oneself online matters.  I used to
think that doesn't, but I changed my mind pi radians on that over the years.
Being kind even online is a good thing and it increases one's credibility.
Even if I disagree with BillW, he carries himself as the gentleman: I will
cheerfully indulge him.  If BillW or anyone else attempts to convince me
that Finnegan's Wake is anything but crass wordspew, I will note that
opinion and quietly disagree.

Being good to others is always a good thing.  The medium does not matter.
We are human.  Finnegan's Wake is nonsense in my opinion.  Goodness is good.