[ExI] diesel powered tesla charging stations

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Oct 29 04:29:50 UTC 2020

OK sure, it sounds like a joke.  But really it isn't.  Consider the
advantages of electric cars for short range driving.  We already know that
going cross country in those rigs is not really all that practical yet: too
few charging stations, and the number of Teslas is increasing faster than
the number of charging stations available.

OK so, what's the big problem with using Diesel-generated charging?  It
would be faster and cheaper to set up than the infrastructure needed to
charge electric cars in sparsely populated areas.  Furthermore. if Diesel
motors are run at a constant speed and load, their efficiency is really
good.

We can imagine variations on a theme, where railroad flat cars are adapted
in some locations, such as across the Midwest, where there is a whole lotta
nuthin.  Tesla drivers could drive up onto that and get recharged as the
train hauls the cars across Nevada for instance.

It's a transition thing really.  We can envision eventually reducing
reliance on Diesel generation of power to charge electric cars, but if there
are a lotta these rigs on the road, you can be sure this will be part of the
charging infrastructure for some period of time.