[ExI] for classical music lovers only

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 18:09:38 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 5:50 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
> I grossly misspelled her name in an earlier post.  Only the piano music is
> to my liking, but I really do like it.  re movie music:  I often tune it out, pun
> intended.  Nowadays one has to tune out most of the music on TV ( with
> hearing aids the combination of voice and music makes the voice
> unintelligible very often)- I should thank them, however, for making
> turning up the music a signal that a commercial is coming up, so I can
> reach for the mute.  I watch most sports muted anway.   bill w
>
> Grazyna Bacewicz (1909-1969) is one of the most significant composers of
> the mid-20th century, and yet her music remains largely unknown.

Thanks for the correction. I don't believe I've heard of her before.
(Can't be absolutely sure because I've listened to so much during and
since college that I'm never sure what I've heard before.) I'm
starting to listen to her etudes now.

When you say 'significant' here, what do you mean? Do you believe
she's had a huge impact on other composers?

[rest of your post deleted]

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: