[ExI] dead bikers

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Thu Sep 3 02:54:30 UTC 2020

On Sep 2, 2020, at 10:12 PM, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> and only infected 260 new cases

Maybe. This population is very hard to track. There wasn’t contact tracing of everyone. Many try to live off the books, don’t want to be found, wouldn’t respond to surveys etc. I’d guess more than the average American. Maybe wouldn’t go to the doctor or get tested if sick. Hospital admissions may be a what it would take to record a covid positive. Bikers are diverse I recognize, but the portion that wants to avoid government intrusion is probably bigger than other subcultures/groups. Based on my experience with bikers. I’ve been to sturgis and have family and past client who were in that subculture.
Do people agree or think I’m off base? I am speculating and can’t claim I’ve interacted with a representative sample.
-Henry