[ExI] Mouth breathers less susceptible to covid?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 3 15:12:23 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] Mouth breathers less susceptible to covid?

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 8:38 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

https://elemental.medium.com/a-supercomputer-analyzed-covid-19-and-an-interesting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

>…Now I understand why certain politicians have remained healthy, at least physically.

John K Clark

I read that article end to end and saw nothing about politicians anywhere.  The comment itself explains why we have a separate list for that kind of commentary however.

In John’s article, I found this:

Interestingly, Jacobson’s team also suggests  <https://elemental.medium.com/what-black-people-need-to-know-about-vitamin-d-and-covid-19-5bf5885d5288> vitamin D as a potentially useful Covid-19 drug. The vitamin is involved in the RAS system and could prove helpful by reducing levels of another compound, known as REN. Again, this could stop potentially deadly bradykinin storms from forming. The researchers note that vitamin D has already  <https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3571484> been shown to help those with Covid-19. The vitamin is readily available over the counter, and  <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3126987/#:~:text=vitamin%20D%20deficiency-,The%20prevalence%20of%20mild%2C%20moderate%20and%20severe%20vitamin%20D%20deficiencies,%25%2C%20and%2026.9%25%20respectively.> around 20% of the population is deficient. If indeed the vitamin proves effective at reducing the severity of bradykinin storms, it could be an easy, relatively safe way to reduce the severity of the virus…

OK then.  From what I have heard, the vitamin pills increase the vitamin D level in the blood but it takes a while to build up.  On the other hand, vitamin D production in the skin from sunlight raises the vitamin D level very quickly.  I don’t have the references for that.

But if the bikers felt the sunshine on their way out to Sturgis, hot, dry country out there, lose the clothes, feel the wind and all that, perhaps their vitamin D level which had been low from spending their days in the office is raised quickly, body is exposed but can fight back, symptoms are mild if they catch?

Takeaway: if Sturgis is a conspicuous sub-spreader event, we gotta lotta splainin to do.  Don’t brush this off please: there is apparently a big important signal hiding here and we scientific types know about it.  My friends, we gotta lotta splainin to do.