[ExI] bikers again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:08:42 UTC 2020

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 4:29 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Stuart, if it really is as simple as sunlight on the skin, is not this a
> remarkable and in a way simultaneously alarming and reassuring signal?
> Sunshine is free.  There is no risk.
>
> Big thinkers, think big please.  If that’s it, what do we do next?  If we
> need another test, what test?  How?

I doubt it's just sunlight.

I do wonder if the group known as "bikers" (or "bikers who attend Sturgis")
are sufficiently homogenous in preventive/protective behaviors.

Is the habitual long ride created a selection bias that this population is
not as susceptible to the health conditions that would otherwise have been
covid-exploitive?

This reminds me of the suggestion that people who own horses generally live
longer than those who don't.  The correlation is interesting, but it's the
extra income that affords the house that also affords healthcare and better
diet.

So is it the motorcycle that affords covid protection or something else
that bikers have in common?