[ExI] sat killers

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:41:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 6:57 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Much to my surprise, the University of California system went ahead and
> disallowed the use of the SAT and ACT as criteria for admissions.  They
> haven’t really said what if anything will be used to decide who is admitted
> to the UC system now.
>

> Any ideas?  The number of clubs one belongs to?

Whether or not this was the intention, the criteria that will be used -
because they are the only criteria that remain - are the very subjective
criteria that standardized testing was meant to eliminate.

Unstated (or, rarely, stated) racial and gender biases.  Backchannel favors
and bribes.  And other things that don't actually correlate to academic
ability.