[ExI] sat killers

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 4 01:55:15 UTC 2020

Much to my surprise, the University of California system went ahead and
disallowed the use of the SAT and ACT as criteria for admissions.  They
haven't really said what if anything will be used to decide who is admitted
to the UC system now.

Any ideas?  The number of clubs one belongs to?  Are the UC schools even
interested in getting the smartest students anymore?

In any case, let us extrapolate, shall we?  The graduate schools will still
want the best and brightest, ja?  And of course the employers will want the
ones who will make them money.  How will they get that?  Can applicants use
SAT scores on a resume?  How about GRE scores?  If universities stop using
the SAT, then where does it go from there?