[ExI] bikers again

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 5 12:50:53 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat
…

a?  If so, it would explain why the people who use the covid tests every day say they are notoriously unreliable: they are using PCR to amplify RNA.  My nurse cousin thinks they have an unacceptably high false positive rate.

spike

>…It's actually very accurate, the potential issue is with sensitivity being too high.  Even a very small amount of RNA can be detected that may not be biologically active…

 Is it possible that sensitivity problem is what is causing the bikers to not die of covid?  Perhaps they do have it but the tests aren’t sensitive enough for the coroners to detect it?  Or if the sensitivity is too high in the others, we are comparing the bikers against the wrong numbers?