[ExI] second chance

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 18:40:37 UTC 2020

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 18:15, spike jones via extropy-chat
<snip>

> So if the virus is riding on a water droplet from a sneeze, would the virus care at all if its water droplet evaporated in seconds?  Wouldn’t it still be hanging there waiting to be inhaled?  Does covid care if it is dried and re-moisturized?  Or do we need to treat mucous droplets different from water droplets, and somehow theorize that perhaps the virus rides on droplets of mucus, sneeze, water evaporates, now finds itself stuck to a revolting nano-booger?  How the hell does that work?  Anyone?  Keith?
>
> spike

Maybe it is their diet as well as the sunshine.

<https://scitechdaily.com/study-warns-vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid-19/>
Quote:
Patients who had vitamin D deficiency (< 20ng/ml) that was not treated
were almost twice as likely to test positive for the COVID-19
coronavirus compared to patients who had sufficient levels of the
vitamin.
Half of Americans are deficient in Vitamin D, with much higher rates
seen in African Americans, Hispanics and individuals living in areas
like Chicago where it is difficult to get enough sun exposure in
winter.