[ExI] second chance

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 5 17:13:18 UTC 2020

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

So. both places are hot, but Sturgis in August is really dry hot and Daytona
Beach in October is jungle-humid hot.  Sturgis is very dry and dusty,
whereas Daytona Beach is more soggy and mildewey.  spike

The dust part might be a distraction (it isn't clear to me why the presence
or absence of a dust particle would matter.)

A water-mist behaves very differently in humid conditions than it does in
dry conditions.  If you take one of those Mr. Mister spray bottles, that is
kinda analogous to a sneeze, ja?  If you spray one of those into the air in
Florida in October, the mist will kinda hang there, slowly disperse.  If you
repeat in August in Sturgis, the mist cloud evaporates within seconds.

So if the virus is riding on a water droplet from a sneeze, would the virus
care at all if its water droplet evaporated in seconds?  Wouldn't it still
be hanging there waiting to be inhaled?  Does covid care if it is dried and
re-moisturized?  Or do we need to treat mucous droplets different from water
droplets, and somehow theorize that perhaps the virus rides on droplets of
mucus, sneeze, water evaporates, now finds itself stuck to a revolting
nano-booger?  How the hell does that work?  Anyone?  Keith?