[ExI] The Futurism of Elon Musk

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 18:03:45 UTC 2020

I'm a big fan of Elon Musk. He is co-founder of OpenAI and
a big supporter of open technology. I think the key to human
rights in the age of apocalyptic technology is openness.

This is correct in two ways, one you meant. The other is the personality
trait of Openness, one of the Big Five.  If you equate IQ the person with a
higher score on Openness will do better in life in various ways, mostly
accepting as well as inventing new ideas.  They will, for example, be
better at finding new ways to use old things and better at accepting new
things and finding even newer ways to use them.  The opposite personality
tends to reject anything new and thus is stuck in the present or past.
 Yes, conservatives are less open.  bill w

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 12:50 PM Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat <