[ExI] Who has a vote that counts?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:55:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 4:04 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> I think the larger, simpler question is "do masks even work?"  I'm not
> opposed to trying them because any health risk from wearing one seems low,
>  That said, there is quite a substantial body of evidence that surgical
> masks are not of much value in stopping small infectious agents, let alone
> cloth ones and bandannas. It's also a big assumption to believe people are
> wearing and handling them properly.
>

>   Like I said, I wear one myself, but I have grown increasingly skeptical
> of how much difference they make in transmission.

 ### I don't wear a mask except at work where I have to. Some Karens hissed
at me in stores but not in the past few weeks. I completely reject the idea
that masks control viral spread in most situations, and anyway you should
studiously avoid getting yourself in those situations where masks do make a
difference.

Rafal