[ExI] bikers again and smallpox

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:31:09 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:17 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> We need epidemiologists, not economists looking at this.
>
> spike

Reason punches holes in this mess of a paper:
https://reason.com/2020/09/09/no-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-didnt-spawn-250000-coronavirus-cases/

Additionally, even in places like Minnesota where there was a spike in
cases in that time frame (that MIGHT have been a result in part from this
rally), hospitalizations remained extremely low.   The entire paper is
propaganda, but it was easiest for me to start with the red flags around
economic cost as they were the easiest to see.