[ExI] smoke gets in yer eyes

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 12 00:52:03 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] smoke gets in yer eyes

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:30 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Adrian and other locals, you guys OK?

>…My air filters work wonderfully…  I'd post a picture but I remember attachments not being allowed on this list.)

They have been allowed for a while, but no guarantee they will archive correctly.  If you take low-ish resolution photos and trim it, those will go on thru without having to bother ExiMod to approve them.

I approved those for about the past 4 years.  ExIMod hasn’t issued a ruling on those as I recall.

Adrian your housemate?  Hows he?

>…Still alive.  Coughing a lot.  If only there was a cheap, effective, and easy to self-administer way to remove mucus and other obstructions from one's throat when the traditional method of throat clearing produces noise but fails to actually clear one's throat…

Best wishes to him sir.

I had an idea: I don’t think oxygen bottles are prescription, and there is an outlet for those practically within walking distance.  I never actually tried to buy one, but I can’t imagine they would cost all that much.  Get a low-flow regulator, set it for about a liter a minute, then one of those rigs they put on your finger when you go to the hospital, give yourself a bit of Goto O2 if necessary.

Anyone here doing that?  Or know anyone?

I won’t even try that during the smoke however, which is supposed to last until Wednesday, for fear of depriving someone older and richer.