[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 00:38:10 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:30 AM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> We appear to be in the declining late phase of empire.  Once the USD loses
> reserve currency status, it's all downhill from there...
>
> So I go with panem et circenses.

I'm curious why the comparison is always with the Roman _Empire_ and not
with the Roman _Republic_. And the Roman Empire lasted quite a long time,
especially if you consider the Eastern part survived long after Rome
"fell." (It's hard to draw a line too of when exactly the Eastern part
ended. Surely, long before Constantinople fell, but still long after the
city of Rome fell to outside rulers.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: